Sunday, July 19, 2026

Dulce and my Reputation

Dulce did not have a good June. We traveled for a few days and boarded him at a place that had a strong recommendation from our friends'. That he would hate it was no surprise. But he got a skin irritation that got infected and had to be taken to urgent care while at boarding. He was prescribed spray, ointment, antibiotics and steroids. When he came home his situation had not improved at all. His skin lesions (in scrotum area) were raw and bleeding. He refused food. I was shoving meds down his throat multiple times a day. Multiple calls with the doctor and over the next few days his condition improved. 

It was not all grim though. In order to help with his scrotal skin irritation we had to spray medication at the area twice a day. I did this when I took him out for a walk. One day we had stepped out in the garage lane, I was targeting his scrotum area with the spray. Peering down to make sure I got all crevices and folds, holding on to his back legs while I was crouched down. Finally when I convinced myself I had covered all angles, and I got up, I noticed her. My next door neighbor was sitting in her car about 10 feet away from us, with a phone in her hand. I wondered if there's a video of me crouching behind Dulce peering between his hind legs with a spray bottle in my hand, somewhere on the internet. I decided to pretend like I didn't see her. I hoped feelings were mutual. 

Next on the walk, some ways off, Dulce did his business. Since i had been talking to his doctor, I was worried his stomach is very upset. There was also the question of him being on steroids, which I thought was excessive. The doctor had asked for a picture of his stool to assess if stopping steroids  is not causing adverse reactions. So, as soon as Dulce did his business, I took my phone camera out, and proceeded to take zoomed-in pictures of his business! Getting the right camera angle, the right lighting, crouched in.  And then Raj made a comment about how these pictures are currently being backed up on the cloud. And AI is learning new things about us with these pictures. I doubled up laughing so hard, i couldn't walk at all for a minute!...

Dulce soon recovered from his skin infection and apart from fluctuating gut biome, is now doing good! Same cannot be said about my reputation in the neighborhood!