Thursday, September 3, 2026

Gavials

Bobby and I were not all friends this afternoon. I picked him up from after school, and had to go get little miss Haana from her school. Usually Bobby doesn't want to ride in the car and wants to be dropped home. But today Aby bhaiya (Softy mausi's son and Bobby's elder cousin brother) was not at home and I couldn't leave bobby home alone, so he was coming with me. And he was not a happy camper. This is not the first time this has happened. There's plenty of walking and crying and angry shouting "I wanna go home", throwing about of arms and legs. I thank my stars that has buckled in the car seat and otherwise unable up get up from his seat. Since this is new to neither of us, I turned up the volume of my podcast and kept driving. This made bobby even more mad. After some amount of angry crying, there were periods of quietening down. Then a small voice asked "Mumma I want a softy cone". Declined. More angry crying resumes. Turn up the volume. 
I picked up little miss Haana, she had to get home, pick up her karate clothes and he dropped at her old school for karate. While picking up her clothes I got bobby his Lammy. He stayed put. We went too drop little miss Haana and then got back home. In the middle of this he had thrown over of his shoes in the car which somehow landed close to me. 
When we got back home, Bobby and i were not in good terms. 

But after all that bad behavior there is this - 

I was doing some work when Bobby came to me with a small paper and envelope for my help to write an address. I asked what this paper was. He told me it was about a gavin. Yesterday in our reading time we were perusing an encyclopedia, the reptile section. It had pictures of crocodile,  alligators and gavials - which are like alligators but with very thin snout. Bobby was looking for them on his school tablet and found that pebblego (the software on the school tablet) doesn't have anything about gavials. So he wrote a letter to pebblego to add them in. 

Here it is. 
One minute I'm mad at him and instructing him not to talk to me. Next minute I'm smiling at his letter to include gavials on pebblego and looking up pebblego address to mail his letter to! Only in exchange for kisses of course!

:)