The program takes the MAP test score as the initial eligibility criteria. MAP is an adaptive test that gets harder if you're able to answer correctly and easier if you answer indirectly, to establish level of learning. MAP test is administered 3 times a year to help determine level of learning in the classroom. A 95 percentile score in MAP deems the student eligible to test for LEAP. I requested for Bobby boy to be tested for LEAP before Christmas. He had 2 tests, administered in person by the district professional, leading 2-3 hours. Both we know nothing about, cause when I asked Bobby what was asked, how did the test go, what did you answer - i got same old, vanilla, "I don't know Mumma" answers.
Finally just a summer began, I got the email and later a letter stating he had been selected for LEAP program from Grade 1. Guys who was most excited about this news? Little miss Haana! She was so happy Bobby gets to go to the same program and follow in big sister's footsteps!